By entering into the competition you agree to these rules. A failure to adhere to these rules may result in disqualification.
This competition is administrated by mymostbeautiful.com (registered as MMB Online (Pty) Ltd,registration number 2015/046643/07). If you need more information, contact us here.
What must you do to qualify?
- In order to qualify you must register and create a profile for your BABY.
- You must be the parent or legal guardian of the BABY entered. By entering the competition you warrant (represent) that this is the case and that you are older than 18 years old.
- Your BABY must be between the ages of 0 and 36 months by the closing date on 27 June 2017.
- This competition is only open to South African residents.
- You must provide a photograph (maximum four photos) of your BABY (videos are encouraged, but optional), provide the personal information requested on the registration page and provide some background information for the profile.
- You must have a valid South African bank account and proof of ID for yourself and your child.
How does the competition work?
- The competition runs for seven weeks and is divided into two rounds:
|1 May 2017||Registration and voting opens for the first round.|
|12 June 2017||Registration closes at 12pm midday.|
|19 June 2017||The Top 50 are announced and the second-stage voting for the Top 50 opens.|
|26 June 2017||Top 50 voting closes at 12pm midday.|
|27 June 2017||Winners are announced!|
- There are three different voting options available, using different shortcodes:
- The public will be able to vote for their favourite BABY by SMSing the BABY’s code name to one of the shortcodes provided on the website.
- R3 for one SMS to 36001, which counts as 1 vote.
- R10 for one SMS to 38002, which counts as 5 votes.
- R30 for one SMS to 34056, which counts as 30 votes.
- There is no limit to how many votes an individual can cast.
- The public vote will count 80% towards determining the winning entries. The remaining 20% will be determined by a judging panel.
- All voters will automatically be entered into a competition where they stand the chance to win cash prizes (10 cash prizes of R1 000 each). This competition is subject to the Voter Competition Rules.
- The 50 entries with the most votes will go into the Top 50.
- The Top 10 BABIES with the most votes will win the following cash prizes:
|1st place||R100 000|
|2nd place||R15 000|
|3rd place||R8 000|
|4th place||R7 000|
|5th place||R6 000|
|6th place||R5 000|
|7th place||R4 000|
|8th place||R3 000|
|9th place||R2 000|
|10th place||R1 000|
- It is very important that your information is correct. By providing the information to us, you warrant (represent) that the information is accurate and true. We reserve the right to ask for proof of any of the information. For example, we may require a birth certificate to validate your relationship to the BABY and the BABY’s age.
- Make sure that your contact details are correct and current. We have to be able to contact you during various stages of the competition or if you win. If we cannot reach you, you may be disqualified.
- All photos or videos must have been taken in the last three months.
- We will not accept any naked or inappropriate photos.
- We will not accept responsibility for any claims that may be brought against us if the information that you provided was not correct. If, for instance, you are not the parent or legal guardian of the BABY, we will hold you liable for any claims against us by the BABY’s parent or legal guardian.
- By entering this competition you give us consent to publish the images of your child and the profile information that you provide to us on www.mymostbeautiful.com. By entering into the competition you have given us permission to use the content generated by you. Please read the section on user content in our Website Terms & Conditions for more information.
- The winners’ names and image/s will be published on www.mymostbeautiful.com and social-media platforms and be used to promote South Africa’s mymostbeautiful BABY and all mymostbeautiful competitions.
- The sponsor requires the winner to participate in a photo shoot after the competition to promote the winning BABY and their product alignment.
- We and our sponsors will use the contact details of participants (email and cellphone) and voters (cellphone) in future in direct-marketing campaigns. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from these campaigns.
- Registrations will open on 1 May 2017 and public voting will open immediately thereafter. Registration will close on 12 June 2017 (noon) and voting will close on 19 June 2017 (noon). This means that the earlier you register, the more time the public will have to vote for your BABY.
- Voting for the Top 50 (towards the TOP 10) will open at midday on 19 June 2017, and close on 26 June 2017.
- A video submission of your BABY is recommended to make it in the Top 50.
- Photos may not be larger than 5MB and only JPG or GIF formats are accepted.
- You may change the profile, pictures and videos during the competition.
- We reserve the right to remove any offensive, discriminatory or explicit content relating to a profile. If the purpose for which the profile was created is offensive, discriminatory or explicit, we reserve the right to close the profile.
- You are not eligible to participate (as a participant or a voter) in this competition if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent, consultant or sponsor of mymostbeautiful.com.
- No person who has previously won a myMOSTbeautiful.com competition will be allowed to enter for a period of 2 years.
- The Top 50 will be determined by public vote.
- A video of your BABY is recommended for the Top 50.
- Finalists will be posted on the website and notified via email (on the email address provided) on 19 June 2017 when public voting opens again. If they cannot be reached within seven days, a replacement finalist will be chosen.
- The Top 10, including the winner, will be determined by the public votes (80%) and (20%) by a judging panel.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be announced on 27 June 2017. The winners will be contacted via phone (on the number provided) and email. If you cannot be reached within seven days or three attempts to contact you, you will be disqualified.
Limitation of liability
- While we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our site is always up and running, that the voting is operational and your information is protected. We cannot guarantee that this will always be the case.
- Under the circumstances you cannot hold us liable for any interruptions or delays of the actions executed through the website, or for any harm caused by the unauthorised access, theft or destruction of information.
- We are not responsible for incomplete, lost, delayed, damaged, defective or misdirected SMSes; failure or malfunction of wireless-access devices, communication systems, cellular-equipment towers, wireless services, or other hardware or software; interruption or other network server failure; any error or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion; or any other technical problem.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to, or temporarily suspend, online access to our services for technical, maintenance or security reasons without compensation. We undertake to limit this type of interruption to a minimum.
- We reserve the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes for any reason whatsoever and without notice. In such an event, you will not have any claim against us.
The 6 month modelling contract and free portfolio shoot will only be awarded to the winning BABY if the BABY resides in one of the following areas:
- Cape Town area (and surroundings)
- Johannesburg area (and surroundings)
- Durban area (and surroundings)
Reason for this is that the auditions require attendance and plenty of travel. Thus this prize will only be awarded if the winning BABY resides in these areas. If not, this prize falls away. The winning BABY still gets awarded the R100 000 cash prize though.
ICE Kids will represent the Cape Town and Durban Area and Rage Model Management will manage the Johannesburg area. They take full responsibility for the portfolio shoot and representation from the date when the myMOSTbeautiful.com BABY 2017 contest concludes on 27 June 2016. myMOSTbeautiful.com accepts no responsibility for the modelling contract and is solely handled by the agencies mentioned above.
The top 50 BABIES will also be reviewed by ICE KIDS or Rage Model Management for potential representation.