Who is who?
If you have entered into our competitions, you are referred to as a ‘participant’. You may also be using the site as a ‘voter’. If you are just visiting our website, you are a ‘user’. When a term applies to all of these persons, we will use ‘you’.
What information we collect
We collect the following information from participants:
- Full name and surname
- Your BABY’s first name, eye colour, gender and date of birth
- Your relationship to your BABY (i.e. parent or guardian)
- Photographs of your BABY
- Videos of your BABY (not compulsory)
- Further profile information given by you
- Your banking details (if you win)
When you vote, your cellphone number is recorded by our wireless application service provider.
If you win the Voter Competition we will contact you to obtain the following details:
- Full name and surname
- Your banking details
When you visit www.mymostbeautiful.com we collect information about your internet connection and website use, e.g.: the URL you came from, the IP address, domain type, browser type, the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered on our website (user information).
When you contact our customer-support services, we collect information that helps us to categorise your query, respond to it and, if applicable, to investigate what went wrong. We also use this information to track potential problems and trends to customise our support responses to provide a better service to you.
Always make sure that the information that you give to us is correct. If the information changes, you should update it as soon as possible to ensure that we can deliver our services. We reserve the right to request further information to verify your identity if we deem it necessary.
We do not knowingly collect the information of persons under 18 without the consent of their parents or guardians. If you are under the age of 18, you must not submit personal information to us without the consent of your parent or guardian.
Why we collect your information
We use your information:
- to administrate the competitions;
- to improve user experience;
- to increase security on our website;
- to conduct direct-marketing campaigns (you can unsubscribe);
- for internal administration purposes, such as analysis of data, revisions, development of new services or products, improvement of www.mymostbeautiful.com and our services, identification of trends and the verification of the efficiency of our promotional offers;
- for detecting and avoiding possible misuse or fraud.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a legitimate reason to keep it. In general this means that we keep your records for three years after your last transaction with us unless we are legally required to keep the information for longer. Please contact us here.
Sharing personal information with third parties
We may have to share your information with third parties:
- We share your personal information with our sponsors to enable them to do direct-marketing campaigns (you can unsubscribe).
- We may need to share your information with our service providers in order to provide our service to you (e.g. sending SMSes, web hosting, data analysis, IT services).
- In the event of a restructuring, merger, sale, transfer or handover of mymostbeautiful.com business, assets or shares, your information will be transferred along with the business.
We only share personal information with third parties we trust and who have also undertaken to protect your personal information. However, we are not responsible for the practices of third parties and the processing of your personal information will be subject to their policies.
We may transfer your information to our service providers located in other countries. Some of these countries may not have the same levels of protection of personal information as South Africa. When this is the case, we require that they undertake (contractually) to protect the personal information of our customers.
We take appropriate measures to protect the personal information you entrust to us. Unfortunately, there is no 100% guarantee of security when it comes to transmitting data over the Internet or by computer systems.